COVID-19 – BACK TO SQUASH – RACKETBALL
Squash will return on Wednesday the 2nd December from 9.00am.
The arrangements for squash have changed as follows you can now only play squash in either a same household group or in your nominated Squash bubble.
Our guidance is still to be finalised and we are in discussion with Sport England and DCMS to confirm any final details or changes including one-to-one coaching in tier 2. We will provide any updates as soon as they are available.
What is a ‘squash bubble’?
Bubbles consist of a maximum of six players and players within a ‘squash bubble’ are permitted to play full-court matches with the following modifications:
Squash bubbles modifications include:
- Only two players on court at one time.
- Play best of five games.
- Play first to 11 points, sudden-death at 10-all.
- Use ‘Sides’ to maintain social distancing throughout the warm-up.
- During each game, when the first player reaches six points, both players should wipe away excessive sweat, and sanitise their hands and the ball. Repeat between games.
- The same player to serve / touch the ball during each half of a game, and at the halfway point, switch servers.
- Protective eyewear or visors are strongly recommended at all times.
- Don’t wipe your hands on the wall.
- Players are not allowed to shout or raise their voice.
- Please maintain social distancing when not on court, and continue follow your club’s/venue’s hygiene and cleaning policies.
How do I form a ‘squash bubble’?
- Agree who is in your bubble with up to five other players.
- Inform your club/venue’s COVID-19 Officer of the names of the players in your bubble.
- Confirm to your club/venue’s COVID-19 Officer, in writing, that you have read and agree to follow the England Squash ‘bubble’ guidance within this page.
- Check with your club/venue’s COVID-19 Officer that you are allowed to play before starting.
- You can only belong to one bubble at a time but following a seven-day break of playing full squash, you can switch once you’ve got agreement from your COVID-19 officer.
- Ensure you have express permission from the parent/guardian of any minor before they can join a squash bubble.
If a player in a ‘squash bubble’ displays symptoms of COVID-19:
Follow the England Squash guidance and your club’s protocol for members/players with COVID-19 symptoms.
Players from the bubble that have been in contact with the symptomatic player within the seven days prior must self-isolate and undertake tests as per Government guidelines, even if they exhibit no symptoms themselves, until it has been determined whether or not the symptomatic player has tested positive or negative.
Players within the bubble can resume play if the COVID-19 test proves negative.
You will be required to register your squash bubbles with Mark Blake at email@example.com before booking and playing. We must be able to demonstrate that we are managing this process.
- COVID-19 – BACK TO SQUASH – RACKETBALL
- CLUB SHOP – BSC Squash & Racketball
- Join Broxbourne Squash Club
- Geoff Taylor Coaching
- Why Squash?
- Team Squash