Tennis Courts Open for Restricted Play
Who Can Play
In this phase, play at Broxbourne will be limited to:
- Singles with another tennis member or with someone from your household*.
- Doubles may be played with other tennis members – they may now be from outside your household
- Individual coaching and small group coaching (up to 6 people) for tennis members
*Household means those all living at the same address as per the lockdown guidance. All those playing must be paid up tennis members or a member of another Broxbourne Sports Club Section who has taken up temporary tennis membership. If others in your household wish to play they need to apply for tennis membership or pay a guest fee (further details below).
Only adult tennis members or parents of tennis juniors may book courts.
From Monday 8th June regular social tennis sessions will be reinstated and courts block booked. These will be open to paid-up tennis members only – not available for temporary tennis members or guests. These sessions include:
- Ladies mornings Tuesday and Friday 9am to 12noon
- Club night Tuesday 6-8pm
- Mixed doubles Wednesday mornings 10am – 12noon
- Club afternoon Saturday 1-3pm
The courts currently available are as follows:
- Court 1, 2 and 3 bookable for tennis adult members (please note that there will be maintenance closures on some days)
- Courts 4 and 5 (acrylic), courts 6,7 and 8 (tiger turf) – all bookable for adults and older juniors
- Mini Zone for families with children under 8. NB Only one family per slot in the zone
- Courts 9 and 11 will be used for coaching
Please note that the grass and acrylic courts will not be usable during and after wet weather. Members are recommended to check the forecast and amend their court booking if necessary.
All those using the tennis courts are required to adhere to the club’s rules as well as the Covid-19 measures, in particular:
- Tennis shoes or trainers only (no astros, studs or non-sports footwear) on all courts
- Children under 12 should be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
- Only water allowed on the court – no other drinks or food. Bin your litter.
Times will be subject to review and may change at short notice. Please do not try to come to the club at other times as the gate and the courts will be locked.
To comply with government and LTA guidelines, members should:
- Enter and leave the courts by the marked routes
- Wash/sanitise hands before, during and after playing (please note that there will be no toilets available at the club – though we hope to re-open the toilets in the main clubhouse soon)
- Use only their own racket. Players do not now need to use their own marked balls, however take care not to touch your face during play and sanitise your hands before and after playing.
- Remove all belongings and litter from the court when finished
- Avoid touching surfaces, including balls from another court.
- Avoid changing ends, or cross on opposite sides and maintain social distancing at all times
- Groups of up to 6 may wait to play, watch or sit in the grounds, but maintaining at least 2m apart from those outside your household.
- Do not come to the club if you or anyone in your household has symptoms of Covid-19.
- Parents accompanying children should wait in their car or watch from a safe distance.
These measures are required in order that members can play tennis in as safe an environment as possible and may be amended at any time.
*Tennis balls will be available to purchase from the coaches – £5.50 per tin. If you can, please pay for these in advance to Broxbourne Sports Club by bank transfer – account details have been emailed to members. Bring your transaction confirmation with you to show to the coaches.
Courts must be booked in advance via Clubspark – only paid-up adult tennis members or parents of juniors may book a court, extending to BSC temporary members from 1st June. Slots are for one hour and you may book up to 3 slots per week.
To book a court click on the link below – you are recommended to bookmark this page so you can find it again. You will need to login to Clubspark in the normal way and will then be able to view the booking sheet. You should find the booking process quite straightforward as there is no requirement to pay a booking fee.
If you have any questions about booking a court please contact: email@example.com
Please note that you must be registered with Clubspark in order to book and ensure that the email address that you use for this is the same as the one in the Clubspark membership system.
You can also access the booking sheet and book a court by downloading the Clubspark Booker app which is available on the Apple Store or Playstore. You will need to register with the app using the same userID and password you use for Clubspark.
When you come to play
Please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Bring your booking confirmation with you – print it off or have it on your phone.
- Park a safe distance from other cars in the car park.
- Report in with one of the coaches – they will be on courts 9 or 11 and will check/confirm your membership status, compliance with the rules and booking. They will sell you balls or take guest fee payments if required.
- Please finish playing 10 minutes before the end of your slot so that you are ready to leave before the next players.
Those who have not yet renewed their membership will need to do so in order to book courts and play.
Those in your household who would like to join have the following options:
- Take out annual membership via one of the tennis membership packages – click here for details.
- Parents of junior members who do not intend to play with other adults are recommended to select the Hitting Parent option
- Adults who wish to take out temporary tennis membership can use the Full adult Direct Debit package which they can cancel at a later point if required
- We have introduced a summer young adult membership for 19-25s – just £40 until the end of September
If you would like to join, or have any questions about your membership please contact Nikki Welsby, Membership Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications and queries regarding temporary tennis membership should be sent to Teresa – email@example.com
Those wishing to pay and play on an ad hoc basis may do this by paying a guest fee. N.B. Only those from the same household as a tennis member or temporary member are currently entitled to do this. The guest fees are:
Juniors (u18): £5
Please pay any guest fees in advance – if possible by bank transfer to Broxbourne Sports Club – account details have been sent by email. Bring your transaction confirmation with you to show the coaches.
The coaches are offering individual lessons and small group sessions for adult and junior members (of any BSC section). Please book your coaching direct with them:
Broxbourne Tennis Academy (BTA)
Dom Horslen 07852 209061
Harry James 07903 340117
The coaches will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the important rules and guidelines in place during this period. Please treat them with respect at all times.
Get in the mood!
Take a look at your fellow tennis members keen to get hitting tennis balls again!
- Covid-19 Measures
- Join Broxbourne Tennis Club
- Social Tennis
- Broxbourne Tennis Academy Coaching
- Safe Place to Play Policies