Club Bar (copy text)
Bar Opening with food guidelines.
The club has had to consider how the bar can reopen under the Tier 2 restrictions – this presents a number of challenges and changes.
The plan is to open for the next two weekends as a trial. A more permanent arrangement and possible expansion will be considered if the trial is a success. Alternatively if we find this mode of operating is a drain on funds then we may well close the bar facility until we drop down a tier.
Tea, coffee and soft drinks can be inside or takeaway with no restrictions of having food.
The club has a legal responsibility to only sell alcohol as part of a table meal that is consumed by the customer on premise. Either inside or on an outside table adjacent to building. In our case this means the balcony or the grass area next to the steps.
There will be a short menu of reasonably priced items that comply with the restrictions.
We will be opening the bar on the following hours:
• Fridays from 5pm to 10pm
(Last food orders will be at 8.45 pm)
from 9.00am to 11.00am
Tea/Coffee and soft drinks either inside or takeaway (After 11.00am please be considerate to those wanting to purchase food)
from 11.00am to 10.00pm
(Alcohol will only be served with an order of a meal, last orders for food will be 8.45pm)
from 9.00am to 11.00am
Tea/Coffee and soft drinks either inside or takeaway
from 11.00am to 7.00pm
(Alcohol will only be served with an order of a meal, last orders for food will be 5.45pm)
Monday to Thursday the bar will be closed.
The guidelines for inside the building are only people from the same household or bubble (defined as linked households below) may sit on a table together. A bubble as defined by the Government is a single adult living alone or a single parent who can join another household in a support bubble in effect being part of that household.
Immediately Outside the building i.e. on the balcony or immediately below the same meal rules apply, however groups of six people from different households can sit together.
As before please wear a mask at all times when in the building unless seated at a table or playing squash.
No squash viewing from within the bar area.
The rules below on bar operations still apply.
From this point in time we will be adopting the following changes to ensure that we meet with our legal obligations and continue to operate:
- Track and Trace will be operated via the use of an NHS COVID-19 QR code app, that can be downloaded onto your phones via the Apple Store or Google Play Store. The QR code for BSC can be activated using your phone camera by placing it over the QR code which will be displayed on the entrance doors and on every table.PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to order from the bar without first completing this process or providing your contact details in writing.
- Initially the inside bar will be operating a table service where the front of bar staff will come to your table, take your food and drink order and then go back to the bar and place the order and bring back the card machine for payment. Your food & drinks will be delivered to your table.
- For take-away service, we cannot have groups in the bar, on the balcony or in close proximity of the building. If you are watching sport or away from the main building, you may use the take-away service. There will be a table set up on the balcony where orders can be placed, paid for and collected.
- Inside there is strictly no standing and everyone who is not seated will be required to wear a face covering. If you do not have one you will not be able to move around the bar and/or take a seat at a table. People will be asked to leave if they do not adhere to this rule.
- The only instance where a face covering will not be worn inside is on the squash courts.
- Bar Hours will be changed to meet the required 11.00pm curfew. See below.
PLEASE NOTE: We could potentially receive unannounced visits and inspections from the local authority who have the power to immediately shut the bar down if we are not seen to be compliant.
Please be reminded that smoking on the stairs at the entrance to the bar is not allowed also E cigarettes/vapes are not allowed within the bar. Please be respectful of others and adhere to the rules.
During busy periods staff will be policing the above instructions, please help them by doing as you are asked, it is not an easy job and we all have the best interests of the club at heart.
ABOUT YOUR CLUB’S BAR
The bar plays a pivotal role in the social side of Broxbourne Sports Club. The club bar offers an excellent choice of draft and bottled beers and lagers, wines, spirits and soft drinks. Coffee and tea are also available – and very popular after ladies tennis mornings and the daytime exercise classes. Members get discounts on bar purchases if they buy a fob for a once-off fee of £5.
With windows overlooking the squash and tennis courts, and a sunny terrace with a great view of the main cricket pitch, the club bar is a great place to socialise and watch sport.
Facilities in the bar include:
- Two large TV screens with Sky and BT Sports channels
- Pool table
- Dart board
- Free WiFi
MEET THE BAR STAFF
TIER 2 COVID BAR OPENING HOURS
|Fridays||5pm – 10pm Alcohol/Food||Last food orders 8.45pm|
|Saturdays||9-11am Tea/coffee/soft drinks||11am-10pm Alcohol/Food (last orders 8.45pm)|
|Sundays||9-11am Tea/coffee/soft drinks||11am – 7pm Alcohol/Food (last orders 5.45pm)|
Telephone number for the bar: 01992 440209